Butter, Parmesan, Garlic Zucchini Noodles served with Honey, Lime, Mint Watermelon
November 10, 2015
Baby Led Weaning
May 11, 2016
I started solids with my babe a few months ago and it was just as fun this time as with Lucy. I love sharing the foods that we are all eating and I feel so much pride watching Theo explore new foods. Here is one of our first tries (asparagus!) with Theo at exactly 5 months old.
I like this video because it highlights some of the "sign of readiness" that a baby should be showing to indicate that they may be ready to begin the transition to solid foods:
1. Head and neck control to keep head upright for 15-30 minutes.
2. Sitting balance/trunk control (not so much shown here and really just emerging for him at that time.)
3. Reaching out and grasping
4. Holding objects and bringing independently to mouth
5. Active interest in food and in being a part of the meal